These terms and conditions explain the rights and responsibilities of the client and Jenner Construction Limited
1. Jenner Construction Ltd will provide all customers with a written quotation, which will include sufficient detail for the completion of the works. If any clarification is required, please contact us so that we can provide it. Extra works can be provided subject to a written confirmation including cost.
2. A ‘contract’ with Jenner Construction Ltd is an agreement by the client to have work undertaken based on a written quotation headed ‘Quote/Estimate’ submitted directly to the client on an official Jenner Construction Ltd letterhead and is a clear and straightforward undertaking between the two parties to form a contract.
3. Once a quotation has been accepted (either verbally or in writing) and the client has paid their deposit, then a contract has been entered into and these terms will come into effect. Quotes are valid for 30 days from the date on the quote.
4. Once the client has entered into a contract with Jenner Construction Ltd, by paying their deposit, they have a 7 day cooling off period should they wish to cancel the contract. The client can cancel their contract within 7 days by either phone or email to Jenner Construction Ltd. (07879 671 435/James.email@example.com)
5. All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (8am – 4pm Mon – Fri), unless otherwise agreed. Please note that we may be on site until 6pm or on a Saturday. We will get prior agreement with the client should this happen.
6. Unless otherwise agreed, it is the customer’s responsibility to arrange planning permission, building control and any utility changes (eg Southern Water). If planning permission is required for the work, Jenner Construction may request to see proof that this has been agreed prior to beginning work.
7. Commencement of work is under the assumption of uninterrupted work for the duration of the contract and in accordance with planning permission where applicable. Jenner Construction will not be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of delays due to unforeseen
circumstances. (eg planning permission delays resulting in work having to stop). Delays may be chargeable.
8. Jenner Construction Ltd will agree all practical arrangements with regards to working methods with the client in order to provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
9. Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant, machinery, skips etc.
10. All used or removed materials on-site remain the property of Jenner Construction Ltd and will be disposed of accordingly,
11. Jenner Construction Ltd may directly employ or sub contract labour to work on site. Each sub-contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. Plumbing sub-contracts are GasSafe registered. Electricians are Part P certified. Jenner Construction Ltd will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
12. Jenner Construction Ltd will provide a payment plan to the client prior to commencement of works. This will usually include a 10% deposit, staged payments and an end payment upon completion of works. Deposits are non-refundable and allow Jenner Construction to book work in and agree a formal start date for works and purchase materials. Please note: In the very unlikely event that Jenner Construction Ltd have to cancel your work, your deposit will be fully refunded.
13. Invoices will be sent out prior to the relevant payment date and each invoice will serve as a receipt for payment. Funds must be cleared in a timely manner or work progress may be impeded or ceased (in the case of non-payment). Payments can be made by cheque or cash but bank transfer is our preferred method. All invoices include our bank details for bank transfers.
14. Insurance – Public Liability and Employers’ Liability: Jenner Construction Ltd has Public Liability Insurance and Employers’ Liability to the sum of £5,000,000 & £10,000,000. All usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
16. Guarantees: All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship for a period of 12 months. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturer’s warranty periods where applicable. Our guarantee covers all new work and new materials used in construction or repairs, but does not guarantee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we will be happy to investigate the cause and negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible. Charges may apply for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates or to items not covered by our guarantee. Please note: Decorations are signed off on completion and not covered by guarantee. Plastering work is covered by a 6 month guarantee. Please note we provide a 6 month guarantee for plastering work to allow for settling in time. We therefore strongly recommend delaying any decorating for this period.
17. No responsibility is taken by Jenner Construction Ltd for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
18. We will not be held responsible for the suitability of the existing boilers ability to provide for additional plumbing works. If the existing boiler is found to be unsuitable, this shall be discussed with the client and any parts required shall be supplied at trade cost. If we have to remove existing radiators for any reason (eg plastering) we will not be held responsible for their effectiveness once they are replaced.
20. Jenner Construction Ltd will endeavour to protect existing surfaces with the use of dustsheets and loose plastic sheeting etc along with care in our working practice. However, responsibility for protection from damage of any existing surface or fabrics etc is the responsibility of the client. Arrangement can be made to put in place protection of existing surfaces, over and above our basic cover, at a negotiated additional cost. We strongly recommend the clients moves any expensive or sentimental items before work commences. If we are required to move furniture to undertake our work we will not be held responsible for any breakages or stains that may occur
21. Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
21. We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions, availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.
22. Jenner Construction Ltd may take pictures of the progress of our projects. We reserve the right to use these pictures in our portfolio of work, on our website and on various social media websites for marketing and information purposes. Please let us know via email at the start of your work if you are not happy with this.